This is the best copycat recipe for Alice Springs Chicken – just like Outback Steakhouse! Just layer the ingredients in a casserole dish, then bake for an easy dinner at home.
Raise your hand if you love going out for a steakhouse dinner! I adore the Alice Springs Chicken at Outback Steakhouse – so much so that, during the currently uncertain times, I decided to recreate the dish at home to still enjoy it without going out.
This easy chicken recipe is:
- easy to put together
- quick to bake
- extremely flavorful
Ingredients in Copycat Alice Springs Chicken
This is just an overview of ingredients. Skip to the recipe for quantities.
- seasoning salt: can use your own mix of salt, pepper, ground paprika and onion/garlic powder
- mushrooms: I used brown button, but white work as well
- honey mustard: make your own by combining 1/4 cup mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard and 2 tablespoons honey
How to make Copycat Alice Springs Chicken
- loosely cover the dish with aluminum foil if the cheese starts getting too brown
- use evenly sized chicken breasts for best results; can also pound chicken breast or slice them in half to make them all an even thickness
- don’t forget to season the chicken before adding it to the baking dish, it can turn out quite bland otherwise
You’ll end up with quite a bit of delicious cooking juices in the baking dish, which are perfect to serve over rice.
The chicken is obviously also great with fries or crinkle cut fries. But regular roast potatoes are a favorite of ours, too!
If you’re looking for a vegetable side, sautéed green beans or roasted asparagus go great with the chicken.
Watch the recipe video
More easy dinner recipes
If you tried this recipe, don’t forget to add a review by tapping the stars in the recipe card below!
- 1 (8-oz) package sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup crispy bacon, crumbled
- seasoning salt, to taste
- 1 pound chicken breasts (I used boneless, skinless)
- 8 tablespoons honey mustard, or less to taste
- 1 cup shredded colby jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease a 7x11 inch baking dish.
- Combine mushrooms, onion and bacon in a medium bowl. Season with seasoning salt, then spread half of the mixture in the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Season chicken with seasoning salt and place on top of mushrooms in baking dish.
- Top chicken with honey mustard, then with remaining mushroom mixture.
- Evenly sprinkle cheese over the top, then bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 493Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 138mgSodium: 511mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 45g